How to Calculate Weighted Grades
Weighted grades are used by colleges and high schools to gauge students' academic performance. Schools use a variety of weighted grade calculations and weighted grade scales.
weighted grade scale is the 5.0 scale. Certain advanced classes (such as Advanced Placement and honors classes) are given additional grade points.
Take the following steps to calculate weighted grade point average:
- List all classes, grades, and number of credits for each.
- Determine the number of grade points for each class using the weighted grade scale.
- Multiply the number of credits by the number of grade points for each class.
- Divide this number by the total number of credits.
- The result is your weighted grade point average.